Mac OS X has got an application called "iCal" that let's you do all kinds of "calendar stuff", but also A LOT MORE. One example would be that it can: schedule the opening of a specific app(s).
How to make it do so?
- Open iCal (Macintosh HD->Applications->iCal)
- Make a new event (right click a date and choose "new event")
- Get the information concerning the new event (make sure the new event is highlighted, then use: "command + i")
- Change the name of your new event, then the date and time that you want to schedule the app to open, then choose: "Alarm->Open file->What ever application you want"
- Under "Open file", click the "iCal", then click "Other..." then change it to "What ever application you want"
- Now you can customize everything in the new event that you want to
- Close the "New event" window
Congratulations! Now the application that you chose will automatically open at the time and date you chose!